I’m giving a live webinar on June 18, 2015, at 2 p.m. ET through myLawCLE called Out-of-State Subpoenas: Ending the Game of Hot Potato. When an out-of-state witness appears in your discovery plan, it often seems that no one wants to touch it. When that responsibility is thrown from person to person and lands on your desk, where do you start?
By the end of the 2-hour webinar, you’ll have a plan, checklists, and sample documents.
Key topics to be discussed:
- Ethics considerations
- Initial planning for out-of-state subpoenas
- Three procedures to obtain out-of-state subpoenas
- Factors to weigh in deciding to issue out-of-state subpoenas
- Serving the out of state subpoena
- UPL considerations when taking out-of-state depositions
- Enforcement of and challenges to out-of-state subpoenas
- Serving as local counsel for out-of-state subpoena matters
Are there any questions you’ve had when working on out-of-state subpoenas? Let me know in the comments!
Note that you can still purchase the CLE on-demand from myLawCLE.