Do you need a fresh set of eyes to review a motion, brief, or client memo?
I can polish and finalize it for you. I start with the basic edits and work up to more substantive edits through several readings of your document. In those readings, I can check for any of the following, depending on the level of review you request:
- checking spelling and grammar,
- rewriting wordy phrases,
- checking the use of passive voice,
- deleting unnecessary words,
- tightening the argument,
- reducing the average sentence length,
- drafting phrases or sentences to ensure a smooth flow,
- adding substantive introductions to quotations,
- forming the deep-issue statement,
- adding a powerful conclusion, and
- checking citation format.
In addition to studying legal-writing books to guide my edits, I also use WordRake, the new legal-editing software, to quickly identify wordiness. When you request this service, I can also apply my document-design recommendations.
Like I do for my other services, I run a conflict check before accepting the project. We’ll sign a service agreement to protect attorney work-product information. Because an attorney supervises the work, I can work for attorneys in any state.